At Spaceflight we are creating the future. We are transforming how spacecraft are built, launched and operated and our customers are using these technologies to push the boundaries of space exploration and look at our planet in entirely new ways. Being a pioneer is not easy – it requires ingenuity, creativity, perseverance and dedication. We are looking for exceptional people who have these traits to be part of our exceptional team. If you think you qualify, please tell us why in a cover letter and include your resume.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 5 years of professional experience; or a related Master’s degree with 3 years of professional experience. MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN.
DUTIES SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION:
The candidate will be required to perform thermal analysis and provide input to the mechanical design of space flight hardware compliant with internally driven requirements, Spaceflight Industries best practices, and as part of a multi-functional design team. Key activities will include preliminary and detailed analysis of spacecraft systems and avionics using thermal loads derived from orbital conditions during satellite life; iteration based upon feedback from designers and other engineering disciplines; creation of analysis reports and presentations; assistance with design of thermal management systems for spacecraft and avionics; and close coordination with management and manufacturing teams. An understanding of thermal systems commonly used in spacecraft systems and avionics components is required. A proven capability to perform analysis using SINDA/FLUINT with Thermal Desktop or TMG Advanced Thermal is required.
It is also desirable for the candidate to have experience with thermal testing of aerospace systems. This includes the creation of test plans, design of test apparatus, test support, model correlation, and reporting.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate a willingness and ability to work outside of their primary job function in order to support company goals and objectives as needed.
- Experience using SINDA/FLUINT with Thermal Desktop or TMG Advanced Thermal
- Experience performing thermal analysis of satellite systems
- Experience performing thermal analysis of avionics / electronics assemblies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools.
- Team oriented, good time management and communication skills
- Desired: Experience designing thermal control systems for satellites and avionics
- Desired: Thermal test experience
- Desired: General mechanical design and manufacturing drawing experience
- Desired: Experience with Windchill data management software.