Job Title: Sr. Program Manager
Job Category: Sr. Program Manager (PM3)
Job Location: Seattle WA
Job Type: Full-Time
At Spaceflight we are creating the future. We are transforming how spacecraft are built, launched and operated and our customers are using these technologies to push the boundaries of space exploration and look at our planet in entirely new ways. Being a pioneer is not easy – it requires ingenuity, creativity, perseverance and dedication. We are looking for exceptional people who have these traits to be part of our exceptional team. If you think you qualify, please tell us why in a cover letter and include your resume.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN.
DUTIES SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION:
This position will be responsible for directly managing one (or more) small satellite production programs valued at ~$5M each. Candidates will be responsible for all Program Management functions including interfacing with the customer, program cost and schedule execution, and leading small teams (3-10 engineers and technicians) to achieve hardware development milestones. The Program Manager will report to management on a weekly basis to provide cost and schedule status. Program Manager will travel, as required, to interface with the customer and attend meetings and reviews. Program Manager will be responsible for assessing staffing and resource needs, integrating technologies as appropriate, and ultimately responsible for on-time delivery.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple efforts simultaneously across mixed skill teams
- Planning and resource management
- Demonstrated experience managing hardware program(s) to final delivery
- Experience interfacing with external customers
- Experience in product development and technology integration
- Exposure to or direct experience with business development, proposal support or keep sold efforts
- Experience development budgets and budget reporting
- Experience managing vendors, negotiating subcontracts and general procurement