Job Category: Senior Software Engineer
Job Location: Seattle WA
Job Type: Full-Time
At Spaceflight we are creating the future. We are transforming how spacecraft are built, launched and operated and our customers are using these technologies to push the boundaries of space exploration and look at our planet in entirely new ways. Being a pioneer is not easy – it requires ingenuity, creativity, perseverance and dedication. We are looking for exceptional people who have these traits to be part of our exceptional team. If you think you qualify, please tell us why in a cover letter and include your resume.
SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION:
Looking for a hands-on engineering leader who has a proven track record of building and managing engineering teams to deliver world class products. This leader must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering as well be able to architect and drive the technical roadmap. We’re specifically looking for candidates who think big and respect the technology demands of rapid scale, but also appreciate the need to deliver incrementally in the journey of a grander vision.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment
- Be involved at all stages of platform development, from architecture to final testing.
- Work with cross functional leadership to determine overall project goals and timelines, resource requirements, deliverables and success criteria for the projects.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools, products, and services.
- Analyze existing methodology and recommend approaches for SaaS delivery lifecycle.
- Help prepare and maintain run books and other documentation to facilitate eventual handoff of systems to operations staff.
- Continually keep up with changing technology and recommend what technology is appropriate to use when.
- Thoroughly familiar with all aspects of SaaS operations, including virtualization, provisioning, deployment, backup, monitoring, disaster recovery and security.
- Working knowledge of servers, storage, networks, load balancing, high availability.
- Current experience with Cloud technologies such as Amazon EC2 and AWS-specific technologies, Azure, Xen, OpenStack, etc.
- 8+ years of experience in software development, design and experience
- 8+ with architectural responsibilities
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills; comfortable making presentations to internal and external audiences to many different levels in the organization.
- Leadership: Demonstrated, outstanding leadership and teamwork skills; and have a proven track record of matrix managing teams across organizational and geographical boundaries to achieve business results; comfortable leading from the front and behind the scenes and understand that your success is derived from executing the philosophy that teams support what they help create.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with indexing geo-coordinates in a “big data” environment (think Google Maps)
- Experience leveraging AWS-specific technologies help build modern SaaS Platforms
- Proven track record of high-scale hiring and talent management on teams of multiple disciplines
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems Internet and network security fundamentals
- MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN.