Job Title: Software Development and Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineer (E2/E3)
Job Location: Seattle WA
Job Type: Full-Time
At Spaceflight we are creating the future. We are transforming how spacecraft are built, launched and operated and our customers are using these technologies to push the boundaries of space exploration and look at our planet in entirely new ways. Being a pioneer is not easy – it requires ingenuity, creativity, perseverance and dedication. We are looking for exceptional people who have these traits to be part of our exceptional team. If you think you qualify, please tell us why in a cover letter and include your resume.
BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical engineering with a demonstrated track record of developing software required. Five (5) years of direct software engineering experience desired. Excellent oral and written communication skills are mandatory. MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN.
DUTIES SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION:
Will support development and flow down of top-level software requirements; develop software use-cases; support development of software architecture; develop and test flight software code and related test scripts; ensure that adequate test, inspection, and analysis reports are produced to verify compliance with the requirements; actively participate in software integration & test efforts, and debugging.
The ideal candidate will have both a hardware and software background with:
- Programming, debugging, and testing experience using C/C++
- Development in a real-time Linux OS.
- Embedded, real-time software development, and software certification.
- Experience in multi-process, multi-threaded design including inter-process and inter-thread communication.
- Synchronous and asynchronous communication design
- Linux Driver Design
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Familiarity with current requirements management and software development tools.
- Knowledge of VHDL and test (e.g. Python) software a plus.
- Must be capable of writing detailed test procedures, use cases, bug reports, and test summaries.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working independently.
- Familiarity with SpiraTeam desireable.
- Familiarity with Agile software development and sprint methods desireable.