Job Category: Engineer / Senior Engineer
Job Location: Seattle WA
Job Type: Full-Time
At Spaceflight we are creating the future. We are transforming how spacecraft are built, launched and operated and our customers are using these technologies to push the boundaries of space exploration and look at our planet in entirely new ways. Being a pioneer is not easy – it requires ingenuity, creativity, perseverance and dedication. We are looking for exceptional people who have these traits to be part of our exceptional team. If you think you qualify, please tell us why in a cover letter and include your resume.
DUTIES SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION:
The Senior Electro-optical Systems Engineer must have a deep understanding of satellite remote sensing imaging architectures and systems to help us design, build and test our next generation of high performance imaging spacecraft. The ideal candidate will have a unique blend of optical front end expertise, as well as knowledge of focal plane systems and read-out electronics, analysis experience and hardware development, integration and test, and project management experience. Candidates will conduct end to end performance / verification analyses and interface with our payload and camera suppliers and design trades for system upgrades
Candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s of Science in Physics, Optics or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5-10 years of professional experience with spacecraft optical systems. MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN.
- Deep understanding of satellite optical systems and cameras and their unique design requirements (thermal, structural, vibration, radiation etc).
- Experience developing optical remote sensing systems.
- Experience developing passive optical systems.
- Knowledge of focal-plane electronics circuit design and test.
- Familiarity with optical design and analysis software tools. Examples include Zemax, Code V, ASAP, FRED, GLAD, and LASCAD.
- Familiarity with mechanical design and drafting software, such as Pro Engineer, SolidWorks, or AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with laboratory development and modeling software tools (i.e. – Matlab/Simulink, Labview, and Mathcad).
- Project management experience to manage vendors desired.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to effectively interact with customers and a diverse range of internal organizations.