At Spaceflight we are creating the future. We are transforming how spacecraft are built, launched and operated. Our customers are using these technologies to push the boundaries of space exploration. They, and we, tend to look at our planet in entirely new ways. Being a pioneer is not easy – it requires ingenuity, creativity, perseverance and dedication.
Spaceflight is seeking a forward-thinking and creative Director of Marketing who will report to the CEO and will oversee marketing for the parent company and four lines of business:
- Spaceflight Systems
- Spaceflight Services
- Spaceflight Networks
- BlackSky Global
The Director of Marketing will create the vision and direction of all Spaceflight marketing endeavors, some traditional and some well outside the box. The Director of Marketing will be expected to be a thought leader in the field of marketing, and contribute to a team that continually pushes the boundaries.
Specific duties will include, but certainly not be limited to:
- Building brand awareness and market share across all channels
- Creating, developing, and implementing strategic marketing plans and campaigns in support of business objectives
- Developing and managing the marketing operating budget
- Ensuring effective control of marketing results and taking corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Leading all advertising activities for print, digital, and social media
- Overseeing social media properties managed by Spaceflight and its lines of business
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Overseeing and evaluating market research and adjusting marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Monitoring and reacting to competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Managing PR firm, web vendor and other agency work as needed
- Building and managing additional marketing staff and intern as needed
- Working with legal counsel to ensure trademarks are used appropriately and protected
The successful candidate must possessing the ability to create marketing initiatives that heretofore have not existed; must have 15+ plus years of marketing experience, with a background and strong interest in science; and must be a U.S. citizen.
Spaceflight is looking for the right person with exceptional abilities to be part of our extraordinary team. If you think you qualify, please tell us why in a cover letter and include your resume.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field
- 15 or more years of market experience with a minimum of five years of experience managing a team and outside firms
- A track record of progressing to higher/more senior product marketing roles and responsibilities
- Has demonstrated experience growing B2B, technology or space brands
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals, for marketing organizations
- Previous experience leading larger-scale business planning processes, to include development and implementation of such plans, goals and metrics
- Strong ability to understand market trends, financial data, customer needs, and assess competitive intelligence data
Spaceflight Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.