Job Title: Business Development
Job Category: Business Development Manager
Job Location: Seattle WA
Job Type: Full-Time
At Spaceflight we are creating the future. We are transforming how spacecraft are built, launched and operated and our customers are using these technologies to push the boundaries of space exploration and look at our planet in entirely new ways. Being a pioneer is not easy – it requires ingenuity, creativity, perseverance and dedication. We are looking for exceptional people who have these traits to be part of our exceptional team. If you think you qualify, please tell us why in a cover letter and include your resume.
DUTIES SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION:
This position will be responsible for identifying, capturing and interfacing with a mix of international and domestic customers – including some civilian space agencies. Candidates will be responsible for all strategic and tactical elements of the sales process from early opportunity identification, lead development, marketing, customer introduction, customer acquisition. The Business Development Manager will report to management on a weekly basis to provide status and travel, as required, to interface with the customer and attend meetings and tradeshows.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience. Past experience working with ESA, NASA and other national space agencies is a plus. MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN.
• Ability to perform spacecraft / launch market assessments and gather and process competitive intelligence data
• Ability to develop and maintain financial models to support new product/service offerings and mission campaigns
• Experience marketing or selling technical products in the satellite industry
• Ability to develop marketing material including brochures, datasheets, white papers, and customer briefings.
• Demonstrated experience locating and proposing potential business deals, writing proposals, responding to commercial and Government solicitations
• Demonstrated experience reviewing and negotiating contracts and subcontracts
• Demonstrated experience translating customer needs into business requirements and operations.
• Strong moral character in accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments