Job Title: Business Development / Technical Sales
Job Category: Business Development Staff (BD3/BD4)
Job Location: Seattle WA
Job Type: Full-Time
At Spaceflight we are creating the future. We are transforming how spacecraft are built, launched and operated and our customers are using these technologies to push the boundaries of space exploration and look at our planet in entirely new ways. Being a pioneer is not easy – it requires ingenuity, creativity, perseverance and dedication. We are looking for exceptional people who have these traits to be part of our exceptional team. If you think you qualify, please tell us why in a cover letter and include your resume.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum of 5 years of directly applicable professional experience. MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN.
DUTIES SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION:
The candidate will be required to work independently with minimal direction depending on the given task, must be self-motivated and have a very strong work ethic. This role is all about selling products, components and subsystems that the company develops and offers at commercial list pricing. Key activities will include preliminary market research, market opportunities, customer assessments, competitive assessments, proposal writing, contracts negotiations, development of marketing material and prototypes, conference and tradeshow planning and representation, customer interaction, and relationship development. Candidate will be required to close new business deals by coordinating requirements; support the negotiation of terms; interact with engineering staff to answer customer technical questions, represent the company at professional functions.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate a willingness and ability to work outside of their primary job function in order to support company goals and objectives as needed. A positive, optimistic attitude is necessary to succeed and thrive in this environment. Candidate must be able to support long hours for short duration assignments to support surge activities such as proposals or campaigns. Some domestic and international travel is anticipated.
- Ability to perform aerospace market assessments and gather and process competitive intelligence data
- Experience marketing or selling technical products in the aerospace industry (satellite systems preferred)
- Ability to develop marketing material including brochures, datasheets, white papers, customer briefings, Congressional briefings and talking points
- Demonstrated experience locating and proposing potential business deals, writing proposals, responding to commercial and Government solicitations
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and negotiating contracts and subcontracts
- Demonstrated experience translating customer needs into business requirements and operations.
- Strong moral character in accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools.
- Team oriented, good time management and communication skills
- Desired: Familiarity with Adobe creative suite such as Photoshop, Illustrator or similar graphics tools
- Desired: Experience writing proposals for satellite programs
- Desired: Familiarity with small satellite aerospace community