Job Title: Aerospace Electrical Technician
Job Category: Technician (T2/T3)
Job Location: Seattle WA
Job Type: Full-Time
At Spaceflight we are creating the future. We are transforming how spacecraft are built, launched and operated and our customers are using these technologies to push the boundaries of space exploration and look at our planet in entirely new ways. Being a pioneer is not easy – it requires ingenuity, creativity, perseverance and dedication. We are looking for exceptional people who have these traits to be part of our exceptional team. If you think you qualify, please tell us why in a cover letter and include your resume.
Minimum of five years of direct professional experience testing, repairing electronic circuit boards and electronic assemblies required. More experienced individuals strongly encouraged to apply. MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN.
DUTIES SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION:
This successful candidate for position will be responsible for test and checkout of high quality PCBs destined for spaceflight applications. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems. They will also perform a variety of technical functions related to the support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, development of prototype models or specialized test equipment. In addition, they will:
- Perform test procedures, troubleshoot electronics issues, and develop diagnostics prototype modes.
- Execute Work Instructions
- Assemble electronics racks
- Assemble cables and harnesses
- Perform electrical test, checkout and inspection of Printed Circuit Assemblies (PCAs)
- Conduct basic printed circuit card rework and hardware assembly
- Setup work stations, perform preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment and tools
- Complete assembly documentation
- Some manual lifting may be required to assemble and move equipment throughout the labs and highbay
- Demonstrated experience designing and testing electronic PCBs
- Demonstrated experience soldering to NASA or similar military standards (J-STD-001 or IPC 610 preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with electronics cabling and harnessing layout and fabrication
- Familiarity with standard shop hand tools and power tools
- Familiarity with checking out equipment and parts from an inventory management system
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools